Friday Night FUNk is a joyous, funky, deeply soulful invitation to boogie right into your weekend.
Come dance your heart open!
We are a community run conscious dance gathering that happens every Friday night from 7:30-9:30 PM at Pieter Performance Space in northeast LA. $10 contribution suggested.
However, during this social distancing period we are holding Friday Night FUNk online using Zoom. There is no cost to join us on Zoom, but we would encourage you to support our regular venue https://pieterpasd.com/support with your donations (list Friday Night Funk in the comments).
With no choreography to follow, you are free to discover the delight of allowing every part of your body to move however it wants. Dance alone, or with others, fast or slow, silly or serious, sexy or shy!
Every Friday will feature a different facilitator/ DJ, each with their own take on our always funky, R&B, soul based vibe.
We are a warm and accepting diverse community where you can truly dance like no one’s watching.
No experience necessary.
Reclaim your FUNk!
Visit us on our facebook page and join for weekly updates or contact us to join our mailing list.
Check out our video here:
All sessions online with Zoom
until further notice
June 5 Kato
June 12 Mari Elena
June 19 Dyn
June 26 Mary Frances
*To join us:
1. If you have never used Zoom on your device, go to https://zoom.us/download
and download and install Zoom for Meetings
in advance. If you have Zoom installed, make sure you upgrade to Zoom 5.
2. At 7:30pm on Friday, click on this linK
3. (optional) Turn on the bluetooth or wired speaker connected to your device for a better experience
4. Crank up your volume and dance!
5. (optional, but appreciated) Support Friday Night FUNk by making a donation to our regular venue, Pieter Performance Space https://pieterpasd.com/support/